best way to sell surplus accessories

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Westside guy, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Hi all,

I've never really sold anything before, so I was wondering if any of you have experience selling your used (or in some cases, unused) filters and/or lenses that you no longer want. My original kit lens has no advantages over the 18-200 I now own; plus I want to standardize my filter sets so I want to get rid of a couple polarizers, a close-up set of filters, etc.

Is someplace like Craigslist the best place? Any experiences with Amazon Marketplace? I have an aversion to eBay for some reason...

Thanks for any guidance!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Photo forums, CL & here probably would do you fine.

3. dodong macrumors member

dodong

If your lens is a Canon, for instance, then sell it in Canon forums. That way, it has a very good chance of getting sold. Just my $0.02.

4. Klrbee25 macrumors member

Go to www.Nikonians.org. There is a Want To Sell forum where you'll unload your stuff very quickly. It's one of my favorite sites too.

5. warbler5 macrumors newbie

Try Photo.net

Besides Nikonians, there is also www.Photo.net classifieds. I am not sure if you need to join in order to post an ad or not. Newer Nikon gear posted reasonably seems to go quickly.

6. Trogloxene macrumors regular

Just do ebay, they are the largest market for this kind of stuff. I know it's kind of a pain to use, but it has the biggest audience. Make sure you search your item first to check out your competition.

-T