best way to send large file?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bmoney017, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Bmoney017 macrumors member

Hey I have a big file, about 1-2 GB, and I need to send it to a friend over the internet. whats the best method or program to use to do this?

2. Crash-n-Burn macrumors regular

This is not the best option but I have found MIRC to be super reliable. I just create my own channel and have the friend join me and send the file.

3. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

1) buy dvd-r
    2) burn to said dvd-r
    3) usps.com buy postage
    4) mail dvd-4

TADA! Simple, cheap, and just about as fast (depending on your connection speed)

4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

If your internet speed is like mine, I'd suggest you burn it onto a DVD and post (mail) it .. :(

FJ

5. Crash-n-Burn macrumors regular

6. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

Or if you have further business with your friend and want to think environment-friendly, buy a memory stick and mail that back and forward.

Seriously, transfering several gigabytes of data is not yet feasible. If you host your own web site, then I guess you could consider that just a nuisance (because uploading to your own ftp server costs virtually nothing) but even then it would take you many hours to get it done and then your friend has to take the time to download. If you're lucky, you can FedEx it faster!

7. Bmoney017 thread starter macrumors member

actually the biggest file is under 400 MB. I think i remember a site to upload up to 2GB for free. What are some good file sharing sites? thanks for the help