Best Way To "Seriously" Blog

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bobber205, Sep 10, 2007.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I really want to start a blog.

Yeah I know I said serious. But not in the realm of about serious topics. I would like to eventually have my own domain once I know I can stick with the responsibility.

Where's the best place to start MR?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well there are a lot of choices out there.

Blogger isn't bad, and Wordpress is always a nice choice for its customization.
    but there are a lot more 'community' blog sites out there like livejournal and such.

3. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

I've messed around with Blogger some, but it appears to lack one feature I really want. I want to be able to post a blog entry via e-mail with *attached* photos. Blogger lets you do this from a cell phone, but not a regular e-mail account...as far as I can tell. Anything similar out there that will let me do what I have in mind?

To the OP - Blogger seems pretty nice and once you are up and running you can transfer to your own domain. One possible downside is that you'll have a lot of Blogger adverts that frame the blog, but that is a small cost for the convenience of their free tools etc.

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Yep, couldn't agree more. Wordpress is the way to go, as someone with both a Movable Type and Wordpress blog, Wordpress is better.

That said, I can't stand the latest version of Wordpress. Not much customization on the back end. The front end still can't be beat.

5. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

You whippersnappers.

I blogged before it was cool. Before we called it "blogging".