Best Way To Share i-tunes between pc/macs?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Antianara, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Antianara macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a macbook air, a mac pro with windows and mac os installed, and a pc i use at work. Atm, I find it kind of annoying dealing with my itunes account. I know I always have at least one copy of a movie on one of my macs, but I was wondering if there was any solution to somehow share the library?

I was looking into the time capsule, because I had hoped that it was some kind of external library for itunes, I really want to be able to have my movies stored somewhere, but then to be able to pull one to my mac air when I want to and watch it. Or listen to my music while I am on my PC playing games.

Apart from copying everything to my iphone and going to each computer and sharing my library, is there any other way to do this?

2. zakg6 macrumors newbie

you could set up that new itunes match on one computer and be able to access it from the others, although you gotta pay apple like $20 a year or something.

3. keith4594 macrumors member

airport express + external hdd= network iTunes make sure to change the location of the library to the network hdd

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

AirPort Extremes share a drive, Expresses do not.

iTunes Match is probably your best bet. After subscribing, I installed iTunes on my work PC and now my entire 13,000 song library is playable on it. It was easy as pie, just not as cheap as pie.

iTunes Match will require you to sign in on your work machine with your Apple ID, but that's just to add that machine to your list of activated PC's.