Best way to share iPhone's Internet with multiple computers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abc123, Feb 2, 2011.

1. abc123 macrumors 6502

I've just moved house and will be without an official Internet connection for two weeks. I the meantime in was hoping that I would be able to share my phone's connection with everyone in the house, that would mean 3+ computers.

I know that I can't tether to three computers at the same time but is there a 'best' way to share the connection between multiple computers in multiple rooms?

2. Weiser878 macrumors regular

http://intelliborn.com/mywi.html

You have to jailbreak, but the WiFi hotspot is pretty much the only way to connect an AT&T iPhone to multiple computers.

I hope you have unlimited data

3. abc123, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

abc123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not in the US so don't have any of the AT&T restrictions. ATM I have 3GB of data for the two weeks but can double that using credit already on my account, I doubt that we'd use anymore than that over two weeks though.

I'd prefer not to jailbreak. It looks like my best/only option without jail breaking is to tether the phone to my computer (mac) and then use internet sharing to share the connection over wireless?

edit: I'm trying the above solution atm and having problems connecting to a windows 7 laptop.

4. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Jailbreaking and MyWi is the simplest, fastest, best, and easiest way to do what you're trying to do.