Best way to ship 27" cinema display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by guitargoddsjm, Jan 22, 2013.

1. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

My 27" LED cinema display is going unused at home while I'm back at school for the next 7ish months. I'd love to have it back here with me, so I'm thinking about getting it shipped.

Unfortunately, the employees at FedEx take one look at the ACD box, see the a big screen, and tell me it needs to be inside of another box. The problem is, nobody sells a box big enough for the ACD to fit inside of (unless it's a huge wardrobe box; I've tried this, and it was a huge hassle). From what I've heard, Apple ships the displays in their boxes. Is this correct?

I'm currently thinking about placing bubble wrap inside the box as additional padding, and then wrapping the box in brown parcel paper. I'm worried that this will tear off during shipping and the labels will come off.

Any thoughts/suggestions on how I can get this done?

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Find a UPS Store and they will pack and ship it for you , for a fee and don't forget the insurance.

3. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

yep this is the best advise, the will pay for damage if they packed it

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

If UPS determines that it was packed improperly, you have to go against the UPS store dire fly since they are usually franchises. Had that problem when my son picked up something for us and got the UPS store to pack and ship it. Whe. It was damaged, UPS refused to cover it.

5. illest813 macrumors member

Hi all,

I didn't want to start a new thread, so sorry to hijack this, but does anyone know around how much it would cost to ship this display via UPS or fedex? Assuming they pack it, bubble wrap, ground across the country etc.

Thanks.

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I'd guess $75 or so.