iPad mini Best way to swap iPad mini colour?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Joebrown, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Joebrown macrumors member

Hi,

I had a White 32GB iPad mini 2 with Retina for Christmas, and absolutely love it... Had iPad before but this one being smaller yet bigger than a phone and so lite is perfect. However, after a few days of opening it and now two weeks of using it, it's started to bug me that I wish I'd had space grey...

I've obviously looked at selling this one (still in Mint condiction) and buying another, but it would cost me up to £80 to make the difference back up to a brand new one.

Has anyone ever had this before? What would you suggest? Should I sell this one on eBay and buy another Mint but used one on there in exchange? Or is there a better way?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Take it into the store and see if your still within the refund window as it's usually extended for Xmas. The. Get the refund on a gift card and repurchase.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Today is the last day for the holiday return window...assuming it was purchased outside of 14 days at apple.

4. Joebrown thread starter macrumors member

Oh no, I'd of done that in the first week had I known there was an extension since it was brought as a present about a month before Christmas!

However I don't think it was brought from the Apple Store anyway... Would this be a problem? And if not is there anyway of me doing this now tonight either through the website or by calling the store?

----------

Just checked the apple site and it does say the item has to be purchased from the Apple Store, either online or in person... Which I guess means a retailer like Argos wouldn't count.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Of course you can't return/exchange to Apple if bought somewhere else. Just keep it, or try and find someone who wants to trade.

6. dyt1983, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying info not relevant to the conversation.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I guess an authorized retailer wouldn't refuse a return within the return period though. I would check with the place it was purchased at.

To the OP, where did you buy it? Most retailers have extended holiday returns.

8. dyt1983, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying info not relevant to the conversation.