Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2008
I was hoping some of you knew of good PDF syncing software that might be out there. I'm in grad school, and currently have lots (and I mean lots) of large PDF files on my computer, mostly of scanned documents and handouts. I'm looking for a way to be able to sync these documents between my MacBook Air, iPad, and (preferably) iPhone via the cloud. I love the way iBooks syncs its own books, right down to the last page read, and I'm really looking for something similar for my PDF's.

I've tried Papers, and it seems really, really nice, but I wish it were able to sync to the last page read (a la iBooks) of your documents. Often I switch between reading on my MBA and my iPad throughout the day, and sometimes even read on my iPhone when I'm on the train, so being able to sync like that would be really helpful. Does anybody know of software that might be able to do that? Any help is appreciated!

muyaad

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
PDF Expert is what you need, it has many features that will let you do many things to your PDF. (editing, rearranging the pages, text to speech, review and so on.....)
I have a seagate backup plus which I hooked up with my router as NAS, on it, there's a folder full of PDF files, my laptop, iPad and iPhone connected to that NAS and everything get synchronized as soon as I'm on my wifi.
You can use the built-in cloud feature on PDF Expert and everything will be synchronized as long as you have connected to the Internet.

mtngoatjoe

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
iBooks?

If you're running Mavericks on your Mac, then iBooks should work. I haven't used it, so maybe I'm missing something. But I think it should work across all your devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.