Best Way to Sync Pages files From Ipad to Mac ?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by johnold, Feb 23, 2011.

1. johnold macrumors newbie

I am a newb so please forgive this basic question.... My wife is writing a book and would like to be able to work on the same Pages file using the Ipad and her Mac ... what would be the best way to do this ? or is it built in somewhere ?

Thanks,

JohnOld

(Should be put in Ipad help forum... I need to follow directions.... I suck)

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

The best way I've found is to use Dropbox + DropDav.

You set up a Dropbox account, then you set it up on your Mac, and you put the files you are working on into the Dropbox folder on your Mac. Then you register at DropDav.com, and you can use the copy to/from WebDAV function in Pages app on the iPad to download and upload your Pages documents to/from the iPad. It's not quite automatic, because every time you edit a document on the iPad, you have to remember to upload it back to your Dropbox account. But if you can remember to do that, everything else is quite seamless.

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

You beat me to it :)
    Dropbox + Dropdav works brilliantly with Pages and is definitely the best solution IMO. Another option if you have MobileMe is to use the iDisk functionality in a similar way, but iDisk is way slower than Dropbox

4. PaulRidden macrumors newbie

CloudDav

I use CloudDav by SMEStorage to do this. It comes free when you buy the iSMEStorage App from the App Store (although it seems you can purchase it separately for a one time fee of $5 from their site).

I have two clouds mapped to my account, Google Docs and SkyDrive and I'm able to edit docs from both of these on iWork. It supports other clouds as well, but these are the only two I'm using.

There is a slideshare overview here.

5. comixster macrumors member

definitely dropbox as mentioned by the others