Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
I am wondering what would be the best way. I have an entire concert filmed on a relative's 6s and would like it to be on my iPhone as well. I thought AirDrop but I am not sure. Is there any better way you can think of?

sumsingwong

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2012
I am wondering what would be the best way. I have an entire concert filmed on a relative's 6s and would like it to be on my iPhone as well. I thought AirDrop but I am not sure. Is there any better way you can think of?
I would think that's what Air drop is for.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
I would think that's what Air drop is for.
I have a slow Wi-Fi and the video is too long. I'm afraid that like half the video will transfer, nothing will display and I will lose the GBs or something. I am generally unlucky with these problems. I've had plenty. That's why I doubt.

bigcstyle4

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
I have a slow Wi-Fi and the video is too long. I'm afraid that like half the video will transfer, nothing will display and I will lose the GBs or something. I am generally unlucky with these problems. I've had plenty. That's why I doubt.
It doesn’t use your WiFi network so it doesn’t matter if it’s slow. It’s WiFi direct.

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009

Transfer to pc then sync

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Dropbox is always an option.
But you need 40GB for both upload and download, plus it is slow, based on OP’s claim.
[doublepost=1512716713][/doublepost]If I were you, I would use iTunes for this transfer. Wired transfer is far more stable than wireless transfer in this regard, plus your device is changed.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I'm not sure if AirDropping such a big file will crash your phone(s) or not.
I guess using a computer as a middle man will be less stressful to your devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.