Best way to transfer contacts around

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GFLPraxis, Mar 29, 2008.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Hello all,
    So I've got a dilemma. I'm trying to compile all of the contacts I have for the fellow writers on my web site. Right now I've got a ton of them in my Mail address book on my Mac.

Meanwhile, my PC runs Microsoft Outlook 2003.

About half of the writers are Mac users, and half are Windows users who wish they were Mac users ( ;) ). I would like to take my contacts in my Address Book on my Mac and make them available for import into the Windows Address Book. I can't figure out how to do this.

I've exported them as a vCard on my Mac, and the Mac sees all of the contacts within, but when I send them over to the Windows PCs, their address books can only import the FIRST contact. I've researched and it looks like Windows' address book doesn't support multi-contact vCards.

So how can I get all of my contacts from my Mac to my PC and export them in a way that I can send them to others?

Also, I tried syncing my contacts to my iPhone and then syncing it back to the PC but strangely I only got twenty or so of the contacts with seemingly no relationship to each other.

2. numlock macrumors 68000

If you got iwork the easiest way would be to drag the contacts you want to share (if all of them then the "all" group) from address book into numbers and then save that spreadsheet as a csv/tsv. You can import that file into Outlook.

If you wont have iwork then a to g should export from address book in csv format

Having your address book open in excel is also handy if you have to do batch changes.