All iPads Best way to use iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TechLion, Aug 12, 2015.

1. TechLion macrumors newbie

I have been scratching my head as of late trying to find ways to make use of my iPad 2. I don't watch much TV or movies. I already listen to music on my iPhone and have never used my iPad for music consumption. I don't play games on my iPad or iPhone nor do I want to. I can browse the web on my iPhone and if I desire a larger screen I prefer to just use my MacBook. I wanted to use the iPad for more productivity and tried to use it as a laptop replacement for class but it wasn't very useful. I may not have used the best apps but it didn't do a good job with note taking and I found this especially challenging since most of my courses were Math. I have heard rumors about an iPad Pro, is this meant to be more like a traditional computer in a tablet form? I am excited about the iOS 9 update for multitasking but my understanding is that this feature will only be available on the iPad Air 2. Even if this is true will iOS 9 bring more productivity to the iPad? If so, it might be worth the upgrade to the Air 2.

2. alexandermcevoy macrumors newbie

alexandermcevoy

Not much is coming to the iPad 2 in terms of productivity features in iOS 9. SlideOver is coming to iPad Air and Mini 2+ and Multitasking is Air 2 exclusive. (And the new iPads to be announced more than likely.) It may be time for an upgrade. There are lot of deals on Air 2's. I just got one for $125 off at Best Buy. Just keep an eye out.

3. TechLion thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply! What type of tasks do you complete on your Air 2?

4. alexandermcevoy macrumors newbie

alexandermcevoy

I mostly use it to read eBooks and write/take notes. Once school starts back up I'll be using Evernote+Swipes+Sunrise to keep everything synced together.