Best way to view an offline website?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xkmxkmxlmx, Sep 13, 2011.

1. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

I have been working on a mini-travel guide for my next trip and it is now turning into a beast in size. I was originally just going to PDF it and swipt through goodreader and such, but now I am thinking I want to turn it into an indexed html site.

I am not going to upload it online (I would not even be able to access the majority of the time if I did it anyway), so I was wondering what is the best app or way to get an indexed offline website on to the ipad.

Thanks!

2. Philalbe macrumors 6502

Hi. I use a free app (think it's still free?) called "Offline Pages" to view saved website pages when no connection is available. I'm not sure if it will work in your case though? I use it to save pages I've visited; not sure if it's possible to drag your own HTML doc into it? Couldn't hurt to check it out though. Hope this helps :)

3. xkmxkmxlmx thread starter macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Interesting. I am sure it can be done another way, but I might just have to upload it somewhere and download it with an offline reader like you have.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Can't you save htmls using GoodReader itself?

5. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Diigo Browser has a Read list which will save the webpage to the browser. Atomic Browser has the ability to save a webpage. I'm guessing you would have to save each individual webpage. though I think others have the right idea, just store the html file(s) in Goodreader and use its built in browser.