Best way to view RSS on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steven Jackson, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Steven Jackson macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I currently use Leopard's Mail.app to read my RSS feeds on my Mac and Google Reader to check them on my iPhone. This is less than ideal, however, as it means my read/unread items are always out of sync...

Is there a way around this? I definitely want to use Mail.app for RSS on the mac, so a standalone reader is out of the question.

There were rumours, a few months ago, of a .mac RSS reader - did nothing come of this or is that perhaps the solution I am looking for?

Steve.

2. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Just bookmark the RSS feeds with your iPhone.

The iPhone works with RSS feeds.

3. Steven Jackson thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

True enough, but I need to know whether this will keep feeds synchronised between my iPhone and Mail and Safari on my Mac.

Steve.

4. thatinkjar macrumors member

I use NetNewsWire and NewsGator Mobile to keep my feeds in sync when out on the road with my iPhone. Hope that helps.

5. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

I use Google Reader on my Mac and iPhone. It works perfectly.

6. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I use Netnewswire at home, mobile on my iPhone, and the online reader at work. This keeps everything in sync. It's a great solution.