Best ways to use my iPhone overseas?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mr.Gump, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Mr.Gump macrumors newbie

To All Reading This,

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to come to my thread and read my question. I am grateful for your time and your advice.

I will be moving to Bangkok Thailand for up to a year and I want to use my iPhone there.

Can anyone recommend simple to use quality software that will enable my iPhone in Bangkok with a SIM card purchased in Bangkok? Thank you.

it is important to me that the software be simple and pretty much push button stuff.

can I reverse any changes to the iPhone that might prevent it from being used on my home AT&T network when i return?

2. zander271 macrumors member

3. Mr.Gump thread starter macrumors newbie

I have used QuickPwn to unlock my iPhone (2G first generation) (2.2.1 5H11) and it worked very well. I have a questions though.

Now that I have used QuickPwn and then used the iTunes restore to test turning my phone back to normal, will Apple bust me for it and know? I am asking because I did not do that "DFU" restore, I did the regular iTunes restore.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    A normal restore in iTune should suffice, but a DFU Restore is more complete.

5. Mr.Gump thread starter macrumors newbie

how would I go about doing a DFU restore?

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Put the iPhone into DFU mode and then perform a restore in iTunes.