Best weather app?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by richpjr, Mar 18, 2012.

1. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I like Intellicast HD, but am looking for something ad free. Any recommendations for weather apps?

2. innominato5090 macrumors 6502

innominato5090

Magical Weather[itunes link] is really amazing. I was recently updated to support retina artworks, too!

3. St8kout macrumors regular

I just discovered the Intellicast HD after using the Weather Channel app for so long on my iphone. What a great app. What's not to like? We were under a severe weather alert all day Sat and I had it running on my ipad next to my computer so I could watch as the storm approached.

I had stopped watching the Weather Channel on my tv long ago because of all the commercials. At least apps don't interrupt the map view to show you ads.

I can't imagine there are too many free apps left that are not supported by ads anymore.

4. Archer1440 macrumors 6502a

Archer1440

The Weather Underground iPad app has been outstanding for me. No ads and very accurate worldwide- have used it in 24 countries over the past 20 months.

5. richpjr thread starter macrumors 68030

richpjr

Sorry, I meant to say I'd pay for an app that didn't have ads in it.

6. Dukat macrumors regular

Just installed Intellicast HD. I like it alot but I can't find a way to buy it to get rid of the ad. No pay version in app store and I can't find a way to buy it in-app. Am I blind, or is there no ad free version for sale?

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I like this one too. Keeps a simple interface but enough information that I want in a weather app, including hourly. I actually wish I could get something like this on my Mac (not happy with anything in the App store, Apple's widget is too basic... guess I'll have to do with websites).

8. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

9. richpjr thread starter macrumors 68030

richpjr

Not that I could find - that's why I started this thread!

10. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

11. MelodyMarch03 macrumors member

It is pricey, but I like Weather Alert USA. Small app (2.0MB) 100% ad free, good radar, geeky weather forecast notes, nautical/hurricane forecasts, oh, and if on your iphone or wi-fi connected iPad totally customizable weather alerts with customizable tones.

You can have the Emergency Broadcast System tone (the most annoying tone ever in my opinion) wake you up for that tornado or severe thunderstorm warning at 3am, and also have quiet time set for things like frost advisories, and things that are nice to know, but not critical to your safety.

Are there better looking apps out there, yes, but this honestly takes the place of my weather radio, it is well worth the price! :D

12. GeneralDisarray macrumors newbie

Ha! I read your post and thought to myself, "Intellicast has ads?"

They apparently make no impression on me. I think Intellicast is such a superior weather site that it's worth the unobtrusive ads. IMHO.

13. richpjr thread starter macrumors 68030

richpjr

I haven't found any better yet, despite a lot of looking around. I usually don't notice ads much on any page, but there were some really bright yellow ones a few days in a row that caught my eye and were mildly annoying. I guess I'll stick with it.

14. cschmelz macrumors 6502

Seasonality Go is still my personal favorite....

15. puma1552 macrumors 601

bumping an old thread, i too am looking for a top notch, paid, ad-free weather app for retina iPad. currently using the weather channel app, but the ads really blow.

16. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

I bought "Today Weather" (Link) yesterday and it's a universal app.

I bought the IAP to unlock forecast.io weather source + Dark Sky alerts.

Ended up with a $2 app that looks good and seems to offer accurate data.

I'm still wondering which is the more accurate source between weatherunderground and forecast.io though.

Give it a try

17. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

My absolute favourite on iPhone and iPad -- WeatherPro. Highly recommended.

18. tomwvr macrumors regular

tomwvr

Around here we all use weather bug. Local company in Maryland - I like it a lot

The local NBC channel uses it.