Best Web Browser For Playing Videos

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fireworksdesign, Jan 15, 2012.

1. fireworksdesign macrumors member

Guys, im looking for the best web browser to play videos, mostly youtube vids. I love Safari , but there are times when I play a video, usually I pause it , fully load the video before i play it, but when i do , it refreshes back to the beginning, and the video i waited to load for minutes is gone. What is the best browser for playing videos ( fast and not buggy ) ?

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

according to the latest benchmarks, firefox is the fastest: http://internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com/

(I believe safari, just like safari on iOS, now only keeps a limit of websites in it's cache. Meaning; if you open 8 websites Safari will forget the tab/window /website you last opened and reload it when you watch it again. Browsers other than safari don't do this, if I'm right).

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

4. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

hmm depends cuz startup time wise chrome beats the other (mac ones).

navigation time wise they say firefox beats chrome but in my opinion chrome tends to be faster, even with no-script and adblock activated in firefox.

I guess try them out and see for yourself.

5. fireworksdesign thread starter macrumors member

Hmm interesting, ill try to open a few tabs from now on, if it the problem still persists , i might switch to firefox =)