Best Website for Credit Report?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by adk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. adk macrumors 68000

adk

It's been over a year since I've pulled my credit report and I'm due again. Since this stuff changes so rapidly, what do you guys think is the best place to pull a yearly free credit report?

2. mobilehaathi, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013

mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax are the three major credit bureaus. You go directly to their websites.

Edit: The folks below are correct in order to get the free ones. Oddly if you go directly to the three websites you can't seem to access the free option. Ugh.:rolleyes:

3. rdowns, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I grabbed this from MarketPlace, which is produced by the Univ. of So. California and American Public Media:

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/y...-guide/how-fix-error-your-credit-report-guide

That may help you out as well.

BL.

5. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

This right here. It won't give you your scores, but I believe this is the only website that truly offers free reports on a yearly basis without having to enter any credit card info or anything like that.

6. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

7. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Credit Karma can provide some useful information, but keep in mind that the scores they provide you are not based on the same scoring models that financial institutions use. The score you get off of that website can vary widely compared to your actual TransUnion/Experian/Equifax score.