best website for ebooks?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Godzirra!, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Godzirra! macrumors regular

Godzirra!

im trying to get all my textbooks together for college and am trying to find out what everyone recommends for purchasing them. i went to ebooks.com, but it says you need an internet connection at all times for it to work. Amazon has almost all the books i need, but no annotations can be made through the kindle app. Any suggestions?

2. ecapdeville macrumors member

ecapdeville

Yes, you can! At least I can do it... :D

3. Godzirra! thread starter macrumors regular

Godzirra!

nice i didnt know that. ill have to check it out agian. thanks. do you know anything about ebook.com? i cant find where it elaborated on the portable devices needing an internet connection

4. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I highlight and annotate frequently on Kindle's iPad app - also, I think it can put your notes onto your Amazon.com profile (behind your login of course) so you can refer to them online later too.

If you can get your ebooks in PDF form (provided they're text books) I'd suggest using a combination of GoodReader and iAnnotate. I'm studying for my private pilot certificate and have all of my PDF's stored in a folder in GoodReader. When I want to study/highlight/annotate, I open up GoodReader and tell it to launch that file in iAnnotate. Keeps everything in one place neatly, and I can still highlight and take notes.

5. caubeck macrumors 6502

I highlight and make notes with Readdle. If I need to do anything more complex I make a screenshot of a page and paste it in Mental Note and then make a PDF.

6. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

No, only to download and sync.

7. Godzirra! thread starter macrumors regular

Godzirra!

i just bought a book off amazon and now i cant figure out how to annotate, only put bookmarks? how do you do it?

8. ecapdeville macrumors member

ecapdeville

Choose a word or a sentence you want to mark with your finger, just like a copy or paste action, and then the option of NOTE or HIGHLIGHT will be at the screen...