BEST Wet Application Body Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by S.Kay, Aug 24, 2010.

?

Best wet body shield?

1. Phantom Skinz

22.5%
  2. Bodyguardz

17.5%
  3. Clear Coat

5.0%
  4. Best Skins Ever

30.0%
  5. Other

25.0%
  1. S.Kay macrumors member

S.Kay

As the title goes, what would you guys recommend as the best wet application body shield. I assume InvisibleShield is already ruled out, considering it's rising dispopularity within this forum..so the others would be:

PhantomSkinz
    BodyGuardz
    Clear Coat
    Best Skins Ever
    Other

I'm looking for a protector that goes COMPLETELY to the edges because my previous protectors collected dirt and dust around that area. However as a guideline, you can base your selection on the protector which offers best clarity (nice invisible appearance), best protection and ease of application!

2. afederis macrumors newbie

Go with a dry-applicAtion of wrapsol, it provides scratch as well as drop protect ion. I'm not a very big fan of wet applications, because there no way I'd risk my phone to water damage just for protection. Not worth it.

3. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wrapsol shoulda been an option! :p

They're my favorite for dry & wet applications, although I much prefer dry.

4. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

Go with PhantomSkinz! Oh yeah, check out SGP too.
    They are the best if you ask me. Had some unpleasant experiences with BSE and Wrapsol... The only difference between SGP and Phantomskinz is that SGP has dry application screen protectors. Phantomskinz have them too but it only goes for Chromaticz and that's more like full body kit WITH OUT the screen protector ( there is a screen protector included in the kit but it's wet application) that's the only thing. I think the material is the same. They have the least orange peal from all the other companies...
    p.s.
    wait for the SGP Ultra Fine ;) You won't be sorry, for sure!!!

5. cvd macrumors member

How do the wrapsol side protection pieces feel? Are they super sticky feeling like the SGP ones, or do they feel a little thinner/less rubbery?

6. dandare83 macrumors newbie

I have the original wrapsol on the back and sides of my phone and the sgp oleophobic on the front. Combo seems to work quite well.

The wrapsol original side and back pieces are in a matte finish so don't feel to rubbery or sticky. Adds a nice amount of grip also. Using mine with the apple bumper and it fits well.

7. S.Kay thread starter macrumors member

S.Kay

Sorry for not including Wrapsol, must have slipped out of my mind! I settled for the PhantomSkinz matte back skin, and the SGP anti-finger print on the front. After watching a few wet installation videos, I noticed how water leaked into home buttom..I don't wanna run that risk :p The back should be fine though since there's aren't any visible entry points for water!