Best White iPhone CLEAR case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tee7788, May 11, 2011.

1. tee7788 macrumors newbie

Hi all -

I just purchased a white iphone and was wondering if anyone has recommendations on a clear case? I want to show the back white color because it looks really nice. Also any pros/cons for hard shell vs rubber TPU? I've read online that the TPU clear would eventually turn yellowish.

I'm thinking of going with the incase clear snapcase but it seens there will be some glare issues. Anyways please let me know what you think. Any photos would help a lot!

Thanks in advance!

2. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

3. tee7788 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Gucci!

I really like the ice/dry ice case! I didn't see any clear ones on the gear4 website, only angry birds cases.

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I'm currently using the Power Support Air Jacket in Clear, and so far, I like it a lot. With most clear cases, you end up having to worry about scratches on the outer side; the PS case is coated to help prevent that.

It does not have a "lay on the table" design, so if you prefer to lay your phone face down, you'll either need to apply the included screen protector or use a different case. It's also more slippery than the frosted cases I've used before, but less so to my hand than the bare phone is. It's thin, light, and there's no docking issue. The headphone cutout may not work with all headphone plugs though, as it's definitely designed for a narrow plug.

5. tee7788 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Yea now after seeing the 'dryice' case I actually prefer the frost with matte finish vs the clear plastic. Just wish it was one piece instead of two.

I found a review on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B1PcTB6xG4

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

One thing I've noticed with every silicone coated case I've tried so far--they get dirty easily, and they're rarely cleanable. (The colored bumpers have the same issue.) I have a leather iPhone pouch that has a black microfiber liner--it sheds dye on every case, ruining them pretty quickly, which is why I resorted to a clear hard case instead. Others have had similar problems with the dyes from things like new jeans, and just the general brown grunge that happens from day to day handling. Anything like that will show even faster against the white iPhone than it does the black one.

That said, I have not tried the Ice/DryIce, and haven't heard if that particular case has that issue.

7. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I have a white backing on my black iPhone 4 and the ID America DryIce is gorgeous.

8. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

np, im sure there a lot more out there but in my opinion the dryice one looks great. And because you have a white iphone dust won't show (as much anyway) as a black iphone does. Be sure to post sme pics when you finish your setup!

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Dryice is just stunning on the white iPhone 4.

[​IMG]

10. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

I like the look of the dry ice, but the 'Born in New York' text really spoils it.

11. orlandocano macrumors regular

Another vote for the DryIce case

So I got my white iphone 4 the day it launched (returned the black one, was within my 30 days) and so began the search for the perfect case... i went through the iskin claro (hated it), clear incipio feather, sgp linear, and belkin grip vue... none of them looked or felt right... i received the DryIce case yesterday and other than the "born in new york" lettering, the case is perfect.. it isnt as hard to remove as it says in the reviews but i have strong nails i guess.. perfect amount of protection.. comes with a screen guard that is as nice as anything i have purchased from sgpstore... it has a satin soft texture but is made of sturdy hard plastic... the white frost look is awesome on the white iphone! i cannot recommend this case enough... no watermarking or rainbow effect for me but i have heard that it does happen sometimes.. i saw a tiny little rainbow swirl as soon as i installed the case but i wiggled it a little bit and its been gone ever since and never came back.. so i am happy

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

is the white iphone a different shape than the black one?

13. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

the rainbow swirl happened when I put the case on my black iPhone 4. but once I switched the back cover to the white one, it didn't happen again... odd

14. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

umm theres been a lot of discussion about it. apple and customer reports says that theres no difference but according to some users and some other reports the white iphone is a tiny bit thicker. this could quite possibly due to manufacture defects. im sure most cases will still fit if thats your worry unless its a super fitted one (such as incase slider).

15. JessicaR macrumors member

I am a big fan of the duoshell. If you get the clear/white it is $30. But I like the clear/glow which is gives it a glow in the dark effect. That one is $35. The one pictured below is the clear/white version. Either way you can show off the nice white case. You need to go to the website to really see it because that picture makes it look like it look less clear than it really is. The video shows it better.

[​IMG]

16. casperfly macrumors newbie

17. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon

18. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

It might just be me, but that case is absolutely ridiculous. I could never imagine my phone incased in that thing, lol.

19. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

OT, but...

Who's the yahoo going through and -1ing everybody's comments? It's immature and lame. What are you gaining? :rolleyes:

20. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

Now that has to be the ugliest monstrosity to ever foul a beautiful iPhone :eek:

21. andyx3x macrumors 65816

WTF is this? Not in this lifetime.

22. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

Keep it up guys. Have not found anything that speaks to me yet!