Best wide format inkjet?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dacreativeguy, Feb 15, 2010.

1. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Anyone have any recommendations for a wide inkjet printer (11x17, 13x19)? My dad has a 7 year old Epson that has served him well but just died.

2. powerhouse7 macrumors regular

I don't know a lot about printers but what i do know is that Epson is the industry standard and the best for printing.
    If your doing anything for presentation (photography, graphic design, etc.) Epson I think is the way to go; especially if you use Epson paper with an Epson printer.
    As for models, I can't help though.
    Hope this helped.

3. dacreativeguy thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah. Looking for people with real experience and recommendations of specific models. Thanks!

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Ah I was going to post a similar question... i'd love to get a printer that is compatible with this awesome system! I sat it @ MacWorld this past weekend :D.

5. Locoweed macrumors member

6. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Epson R1900. They have rebates on B&H right now. Jump on it, it's a fabulous printer.

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The fact that you saw a demo notwithstanding, what makes you think that using external tanks with third-party ink is awesome?

8. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I hate running out of ink... with a system like this, I could go for a LONG time without running out of ink. Plus, it's just darn cool! :D

9. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

So, I gather you haven't had a lot of experience with inkjet printers and third-party ink?

10. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

You gather incorrectly. I have one, and it works great w/ the 3rd party ink I use.

11. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Back on Topic

The Epson 1400 is nice, it's on sale this week @ Staples for $200. If you bring in an old print for recycling, you get an extra $50 discount.

12. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

You have to decide whether or not lab quality prints are important to you.

The R1900 prints 13" wide and supports roll paper which means it can print as long as you want to print.

As I said earlier its on sale @ b&h right now and with the mail in rebate as well it comes in around the $350 range, which is a fabulous price for a pro quality printer.