best WiFi/BT hands-free headset

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patent10021, Jan 16, 2011.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

2. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I use and like my Blueant Q1 headset....there's now an even newer model called the Q2

Check it out it's really good...it has stereo bluetooth which means you can listen to music wireless and hear your GPS directions through the headset, which is gold when you're driving with music on.

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

But I thought handsfree headsets only attach to one ear? How can it be stereo then? You have GPS directions with speech on your iPhone? Not the maps app right?

4. gks macrumors 6502

Err. In most states it is illegal to drive with any device fully covering your ears... such as headphones. Not being able to hear emergency vehicles and crap like that.

Just a warning for those who will read that and also live in the US.

5. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Stereo bluetooth means it can play music through one or two headphones.

My blueant Q1 is a single headset and plays music and GPS directions from it (not the stock maps app, only 3rd party, with turn by turn directions)

The quality isn't the best because you're only using one ear to listen with, but does come in handy sometimes.

6. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

Jawbone Icon

I've been using the Jawbone Icon since Christmas, and I have to say that i'm impressed. Sound quality is excellent, battery life is good, you can listen to music, podcasts, gps, you-tube, you name it through it... Not to mention the battery level icon that appears on your iPhone screen next to your phone battery meter. Not stereo obviously, but the best BT headset I've found... and believe me, I've been looking for a good one for years.

7. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

WOW that battery indicator for the headset next to your iphone's battery is super neat! I wonder if there is a jailbreak tweak out there so I can do that with my blueant Q1??