Best window/dash mount for iPhone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iaddict, Aug 18, 2011.

1. iaddict macrumors 6502

May 15, 2007
    I travel every week and have just downloaded a GPS app for my phone. It works great but now I need a mount to keep my phone from falling off the dash. I have found several online but would like to know if anyone has one that works great or which ones to avoid.
  2. JimBrown1 macrumors newbie

Aug 11, 2011
    Personally, I am biased toward the Pro-Fit line of mounts. I use the one which attaches to the passengers side of the console, at about the cup holder level. It doesn't require any holes and can be removed at any time. I also used the adjustable holder which permits me to slide my I-phone4 in even with the goofy rubber case Apple gave me to avoid the dreaded antenna grounding. It works fine. Doesn't seem to bother my wife at all (and she is not shy), and permits the phone to swivel horizontally so I can use the Navigon (if I feel like it) while charging since the mount allows the charger to pass through the base. Hope, this will be helpful for you.
  3. thinkinblue613 macrumors 6502

Dec 13, 2010
    Planet Earth
    Industrial velcro... I put it on a good spot on my car and on the back of my iPhone case. It actually works real well, especially since I know it won't go anywhere on those turns.
  4. simply stunning macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2010
    I second this. I have held off for almost a year before buying this 2 months ago. I do a lot of driving for work, and as I drive a manual truck, it was tough keeping track of my phone, so I finally bit the bullet, and got one. I LOVE it. I ended up spending around $75 on the clip and the mount, but it is perfect.
  5. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

May 15, 2007
    Thanks for your responses. I forgot to add that when I travel I am in rental cars all week, so need the ability to take the unit with me to different vehicles. I am looking at the Exomount as well as the iGrip.
  6. sjdigital macrumors regular

Oct 21, 2008
    The Caucasus
    I too am a ProClip fan and have them in a couple of cars, but for travel and using rental cars I bought the Navigon screen mount. It has a very secure suction mount; it's light and slimline so easy to carry with you; and it has a charging cable for plugging into the cigar lighter socket.
  7. jjk454ss macrumors 601

Jul 10, 2008
  8. Ess.Pee macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2010
    iPhone 4 window or dash mount

If you want your phone mounted in your car, than best mounts as per an earlier post are Brodit mounts used with Brodit ProClip. However, for windscreen suction mount, also try Herbert Richter.