Best Windows To Mac Conversion Program?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by BruceEBonus, Jan 6, 2008.

1. BruceEBonus macrumors 65816

BruceEBonus

Per the header really ... I am converting stuff .. .mainly off an Archos Camcorder which was done on WMV and AVI but good ol' iMovie08 doesn't want to know. And iMovie06 imports ok as does FCE - then both crash after ten seconds ... evidently the compatibility doesn't work so I need a decent conversion program.

My first port of call is Quicktime .. but of course to update its a whopping £20 for the same thing sitting on your computer already ... good money earner there, Mr Jobs .... but before I pay out the equivalent of a weeks wages (ahem) then would it be worth spending the same or a wee bit more on a commercially packaged alternative ... nay .. better program that can cope well with conversion of Windows compatible stuff to Macintosh?.

Or should I not complain. Hail the goodness of Steve and jolly well fork out my readies chuffed that I should be allowed to breath the same air as he?.:)

Ta!!!!

Bruce

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

I've had good results with iSquint. Better yet, it's free (and does a better job in this instance than QTP IMHO)

3. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I agree, but iSquint is limited in quality settings. If you want a little more control for about $20, try VisualHub. It will convert just about anything, to just about anything, with all types of quality settings, including custom advanced settings if you want.

Brian

4. 147798 Suspended

I agree on VisualHub. Seems to handle those kind of cross-platform conversions nicely. The Apple products, in a word, don't.

5. BruceEBonus thread starter macrumors 65816

BruceEBonus

Cheers BurgerKing

I think Ill try this route first then .. may try out their demo to see if it works first, mind.

Ta

Bruce