Best wired mouse

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Looking for a wired mouse. Kind of tired of Bluetooth mice and batteries running out.

Any recommendations? Ill use my BT mouse when I'm using the MBP portably.

pingfan59

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2011
Check out the razor orochi. It is bluetooth plus you can also plug it in using the optional wired cord that plugs into the mouse. I also keep my energizer rechargeable battery charger in the bag and have a spare set charged to switch out the apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse batteries.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Thanks peeps.

I really hate Razr mice, though. I've had their bluetooth mouse and a wired one back when I was gaming...really awkard design.

Should I just get the old Apple wired mouse? (Pre-Magic Mouse).

I'm not a gamer, mostly use my MBP as a desktop replacement with an ACD display. Maybe I should just get a cheap-o mouse. I use a Wacom tablet for accuracy sometimes.

PAPO

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
Australia
which one did you have, I have a Mamba (the orochi's big brother) which is also wired & wireless and I love it, it's comfortable, the buttons are nice and it tracks so well

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
I use a Steelseries Ikari. It has a high quality construction, high DPI, and low-profile design that doesn't make it ugly like most gaming mice (I'm looking at you Razer).

mfuchs88

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2011
I use a Steelseries Ikari. It has a high quality construction, high DPI, and low-profile design that doesn't make it ugly like most gaming mice (I'm looking at you Razer).
I always thought Razer mice were quite sexy when they were the black models.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
which one did you have, I have a Mamba (the orochi's big brother) which is also wired & wireless and I love it, it's comfortable, the buttons are nice and it tracks so well
I had this one and another one that I borrowed from a friend for a while. I forgot which model it was. It just felt...awkward. I like the ergonomics of Logitechs and Microsoft mice better (despite some of their ugly lettering on the mice).

Check out the Logitech G500. Works extremely well (and great customer support).

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/devices/gaming-mouse-g500

Reading reviews, it seems that it doesn't have Mac support so I have to use SteerMouse or something.

This one looks interesting. However, I'm not looking for a "gaming" mouse.

I currently have this one. Have a Logitech MX Revolution.

They're both pretty tiny, considering that they're Notebook mice.

Any more suggestions appreciated. I did kind of like the Apple Mighty Mouse, except the ugly scrollwheel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.