Best wireframe software?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by SparkFlash, Jan 26, 2016.

1. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

What are you all using for wireframe software? Looking for a full time replacement on OSX.

2. 960design macrumors 68020

Have you checked out Blender.org? You did not explain your use case.

3. DJ Dilbert macrumors regular

DJ Dilbert

What kind of wire framing are you talking about?

4. Jay-S macrumors newbie

Check "SwordSoft Layout": Easy to use, stable and not expensive.

5. sigmadog macrumors 6502a

sigmadog

We may never know what SparkFlash was talking about, and it will haunt me all the rest of my days.

6. SparkFlash thread starter macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

Argh, sorry guys. Did a total hit and run there.

Wireframe software for web site mockups. I have heard about a few but was wondering what real world examples people were using.

One example is balsamiq

7. sigmadog macrumors 6502a

sigmadog

Can't help you. I'm in the print world. What little I've done for web has been using Illustrator, Photoshop and Fireworks. Illustrator and Photoshop because I'm familiar with them, and Fireworks because it came with the package. I've never quite got the hang of Fireworks, however, and I don't think it's even available anymore.

8. SparkFlash thread starter macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

Yeah I have been doing web development for over 16 years now and always did wire framing in Photoshop itself, or good old paper and pen. lol But seeing that there is software now catered to this and hearing so many use it professionally it made me want to make the jump and see.

9. charles2660 macrumors newbie

Balsamiq Mockups includes several drag-and-drop elements, from buttons to lists, each styled as a hand-drawing. The basic premise behind this wireframing tool is to keep the mock-ups "intentionally rough and low fidelity", to encourage as much feedback as possible.

10. olup macrumors 6502

Check out http://macaw.co/, allows you to drag and drop things on to the canvas while creating semantic HTML/CSS. It's also free, now that they've joined Invision.

11. v871305 macrumors member

I use ninja mock. It's online and free if you only have a few projects. I used to use balsamiq but I prefer minds ninja mock now.

Edit: www.ninjamock.com

12. SparkFlash thread starter macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

13. lucidmedia macrumors 6502a

What level of "resolution" do you need your wireframes to be at? I have never been a proponent of the "sketchy" wireframe tools like Balsamiq or Ninjamock (both names also want me to punch someone). For larger projects the industry standard is Axure RP which lets you wireframe and test both pages and interactions. For smaller sites I wireframe in Sketch and use a tool like Invision to create a testable prototype.

14. MartiTT macrumors newbie

MartiTT

15. annay49 macrumors member

I recommend Sketch since you can make wireframes in it quickly and take them to design level.
    Or I recommend UXPin. It's an online only tool and allows drag and drop options for quick wireframes or more complex building. It also allows prototypes to be built.

These are probably a bit advanced, but fairly easily to learn.