Best wireless all-in-one printer for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by clarkkent93, Aug 25, 2009.

1. clarkkent93 macrumors newbie

I'm a genealogist and digital scrapper. I need something that is going to allow me to easily scan my photos.

Is there a quality all-in-one wireless printer out there that works seamlessly with the Mac and has no problems with scanning?

(my previous printer would do everything but scan from my Mac)

2. gwerhart0800 macrumors 6502

Steer clear of the HP c6380

I have an HP C6380 and it supports WiFi wireless and network scanning. The HP Scan Pro application running on the Mac can scan documents remotely.

Unfortunately, I can't really recommend the C6380. I have found that the scanning seems to have many unnecessary mechanical motion type actions. Like, why does it need to initialize the print heads when all I am doing is scanning!!! If you are not quick with the documents, the scanner will "de-initialize" and will have to "re-initialize" before scanning another document. (That includes a full print head initialization.) As a printer, it constantly has paper feed issues ... the paper is not jammed or otherwise hampered, but half way through printing a page, it will stop and complain. The printer includes a separate photo paper tray that ONLY holds 4x6 inch paper. I have had endless trouble convincing the printer that there was actually paper in that tray. It is HP paper, but the printer can't seem to find it 1/2 of the time. I have also had color tone issues with prints from this printer.

I wish HP would provide a firmware update to fix some of these issues, but it seems like they don't care.

3. jscalt macrumors newbie

HP Officejet 6500

Has anyone used this one? I'm looking for a wireless multifunction that includes fax. Text print quality is important but photo not so important. To be used with two iMac G5s (PowerPC, not intel), and occasionally with a MBP Intel (circa summer '07)

Thanks

4. CoryBoyUSA macrumors member

I recently bought a Canon M620 when it was on sale for $79 at Fry's and I couldn't be happier. It doesn't fax, but it does everything else and was quite easy to set up for wireless printing and scanning from both my Mac and a PC.

5. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

The Canon "PIXMA MP990 (wireless)" multi-fuctional printer is superb!

-

6. cosrocket macrumors regular

I don't have one but I believe the Kodak printers are supposed to have some of the least costly ink.

7. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

ALL inks are super expensive. It's how they make their money. Best bet is to purchase your inks via Third party ink companies. Much cheaper and work just fine.