best wireless bluetooth mouse for macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macadmiral, Dec 4, 2008.

1. macadmiral macrumors member

I have a kensington si670m which works great with a macbook but doesnt play well with my macbook pro. what bt mouse have you found to work swimmingly with your mbp?

2. Craig the Great macrumors newbie

Craig the Great

The apple wireless bluetooth mouse has been great for me. If it's the color that you dislike, www.colorwarepc.com has the mouse custom colored for sale.

3. Neil1138 macrumors regular

4. pinback pro macrumors member

pinback pro

i really like the 5000 from microsoft. it doesn't lag at all. i can' actually play games with it. its small which is great for traveling, and i can actually use it next to the trackpad on classic mbp. it syncs well...but the extra plugin from microsoft allows me to customize it for me.... middle click- open new tab. thumb click goes back.

i know...its microsoft...it does suck in that regard. but it works well..oh and i got it for $17 on ebay, after cashback, and it was brand new.:D

5. macadmiral thread starter macrumors member

edit, decided to go with the 5000 after all

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

What a lot of people don't know is that if you have applecare, it covers your mighty mouse, wired or wireless, and keyboards as well.

Which is the ONLY reason I would buy a wireless mighty mouse.

7. pinback pro macrumors member

pinback pro

thats true clyde2801. but i can buy more than a couple 5000 for the price of one MM. plus, i don't feel so bad about dropping my $17 mouse. done it a couple times and it works fine still. whereas a $69 MM would make me cringe! :eek: even with applecare.

8. tivoboy macrumors 68030

logitech

I have had good luck with the small logitech laptop mice, but DONT install their software.

I would never buy the targus BT mouse again though.

9. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

another somewhat positive vote for the MS 5000 notebook BT mouse. I purchased it at Microcenter for 30$ about 6 months ago. Its a decent mouse, but its still a bit small. I was shocked when I saw it was 30$ for a bluetooth mouse, so I jumped on it.

I just also bought a Logitech MX Revolution mouse, which is full size. Dell had a holiday sale for it for 40$!!! It is about a 90$ mouse, so I pounced on it. I have always wanted a full size, fully customizable mouse for OSX, and the logitech is all that and more! Finally a mouse where you can use everything !!!! It is not BT, but wireless, still thought id mention it.

10. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking of getting the MX5500 so I can get the BT MX revolution mouse but its so expensive. And, how small is the Microsoft 5000, is it like logitech VX 470 small?

11. falerus macrumors newbie

I got the mx5000 around black friday for $90 from Amazon ($135 now i think) and I love it. Found that many things don't work in mac, but a quick boot to windows (and install SetPoint) will get you the following:
    - Date/time on keyboard
    - Change temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit
    - Change the scroll wheel to auto-switch to free-spin when you flick it (this made me so happy...)
    - On mac, pressing the scroll wheel switches between clicked and free-spin scrolling. You can change it in windows so that pressing the scroll wheel becomes middle click (this also made me very happy)

Just make sure you use SteerMouse or USB Overdrive. I'm using the latter but I think SteerMouse works better haha...

Anyways, I saw go for it if you have the money. For $90 I think it was a great deal. Not sure if I'd spend $135 though, so you might want to wait. The mouse has a great size and I like the number of buttons.

12. milk242 macrumors 6502a

Have you tried to install the regular rf MX revolution mac software for your bluetooth MX revolution?

13. falerus macrumors newbie

I've read on their forums and elsewhere that Logitech Control Center does not work with the bluetooth version, and thus I haven't tried. I might try sometime, but probably not, because I have everything I need.