Best Wireless Bluetooth Speakers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JasonBourne1, Mar 26, 2010.

1. JasonBourne1 macrumors regular

Can anyone recommend me some wireless bluetooth speakers? I dont want to spend too much on a sound system so anything around the £100 - £150 mark would be great.
    I've been on Amazon but cant find any I like. Can anyone advise on a good site or recommend good speakers?

Regards

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

"Good" and "Bluetooth" don't really go together. The best to my knowledge that aren't ridiculous are the Audioengine's with their W1 adaptor.

That being said, I don't really recommend the Audioengines in any other situation. Perhaps there are some UK/Euro-only options that I'm unaware of.

Why is Bluetooth a necessity, if I must ask? And what does "good" mean for you?

3. JasonBourne1 thread starter macrumors regular

By good I mean good sound quality, and ones that wont drop sound by moving to different locations.
    Bluetooth because I hate wires like everyone, and I want to have an alternative to Airport Express to hear music around my home.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

There is a trick that you can run a home network through the phone jack, check Lifehacker. It's not even a matter of price, there just aren't (many) good speakers that are Bluetooth.

Cable management can hide wires, although you won't have the ability to move them as easy.

5. T-BILLIONS macrumors newbie

T-BILLIONS

Hey there - I personally wouldn't go bluetooth but considering your asking for them - this would be what your after.

[​IMG]
    http://au.store.creative.com/products/product.aspx?catid=1&pid=19009&nav=0

6. BEEFc58 macrumors member

Not blutooth, but a wireless solution that has worked well for me is the Griffin Evolve (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/evolve) plugged into a airport express. Not the cheapest set up, but awesome for good sound (not going to be as great as a nice setup with sub) and mobility within a home. I lived in San Francisco and used to bring the speakers on the roof deck and the Evolve would transmit through the ceiling/roof flawlessly! There are patches so that you have also have all sound from a computer go through your airport.

BEEF

7. JasonBourne1 thread starter macrumors regular

That looks quality. Although it may be out of my price range.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

8. drbizzaros macrumors newbie

Bluetooth speakers

I purchased a pair of Pulse Two way speakers from www.allthingswireless.co.uk & they kick arse. They are a UK based company though and unfortunately do not ship internationally.