Best wireless charger for iphone 8 in 2018?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by heycal, Jun 11, 2018.

1. heycal macrumors 6502a

Wireless charging newbie here. Want to try it out on the cheap. Amazon seems to offer them as low as 6 dollars, but willing to pay a bit more than that. What are some good inexpensive ones you folks like that will work with an Insignia soft shell case still on? (I saw a charging stand that offered an additonal outlet for headphones and such, an attractive bonus, but it had no reviews or question and answers about the product.)

Anything I need to know before I enter this brave new world? Any pleasant or unpleasant surprises awaiting me? My primary use for it would be on my bedstand at night while I sleep.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

This is a decent one it’s available on Amazon for a little bit more around the $15 mark, the reviews are good, its affordable and it’s simplistic enough where you can lay your phone flat versus having it to stand vertically.

Wireless Charger, Yootech 7.5W Wireless Charger for iPhone X/8/8 Plus,10W Fast charging.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079KZ49PJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_63UhBbD1GPKT8

3. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. It looks decent for a flat one. Does it emit much light? I don't like things that emit usually unneccessary light, though of course nearly everything does these days.

I also think I'm more inclined to a stand up one, where I put the phone in a cradle of sorts. Though if there are any downsides to that kind, I'd like to hear them.

4. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a