Best Wireless Config

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jopling, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Jopling macrumors 6502

I have an Airport Extreme Base Station, an Apple TV and two Airport expresses (1 is dead). Hooked up to my network, I have an iMac G5, a MacPro and an IBM ThinkPad. I occasionally hook up my older powerbooks and my friends log into the network. I have a 4meg connection, but I notice when I have the 802.11 b/g compatible the network goes slow, internet speed is clocked at 764 kbps whereas when its on just 802.11n mode just my mac pro can connect i get 3.5 mbps. What settings do I need to configure in b/g mode so I have a password on my network and all computers can connect at the speed for which I'm paying?

2. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

You need to setup a WPA passcode or WEP key (WPA is more secure).

3. Jopling thread starter macrumors 6502

I already have wpa/wpa2 set up... I was looking for something more specific like multicast rate and workarounds for WDS and the Airport Express.

4. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I do what an article in the most recent MacWorld magazine suggest. I daisy-chain two routers together. Use one for N-computers only, and the other for A-B-G computers.

5. thumb macrumors 6502

would you mind posting the link? i went to macworld and didn't find the article.

cheers

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9