best wireless exercise headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mickeydean, Apr 22, 2017.

1. mickeydean macrumors 6502

I have the Jlab Epic2's and tried all the buds, tried the memory wire in different ways, but I find the headphones just slip out as I run.

Any better alternatives that people have tried? "Professional" reviews led me to the Jlabs.

2. Relentless Power, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I don't have any "Professional" advice for you, but I do have every day consumer advice. And my recommendation would be with beats X. I also own the Airpods, but may not be the best for running, as they are not water resistant.

3. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

If you don't mind short battery life (1:30-2:00hrs) the Samsung IconX earbuds are great. They are comfortable, don't fall out, have a heart rate monitor, is water proof, and has 2gb on board to store your own music so you don't need your phone (this will also double battery life).

I love mine, but I'm going to be returning them because of battery life and getting the apple AirPods, but if that's enough battery life for you, I highly recommend them.

4. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

I can recommend these Anker earphones. They look a tiny bit dorky and the battery life isn't amazing (I get about 3 hours) but they don't move at all when I'm doing cardio or weights and they sound fine for the price.

5. pollybrowne macrumors regular

pollybrowne

Hey did you happen to instal the ipa for the Samsung Gear App through Funbox as some have suggested to take full advantage of the features or is the "gear" app that's available in the iTunes Store compatible with iconx now? (ie heart monitor, voice feedback, connecting through the app, transferring stored music through the app etc.)

6. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

The iTunes store isn't compatible yet, I checked. Just been using as regular Bluetooth headphones.

7. ejfontenot macrumors 6502

ejfontenot

8. mickeydean thread starter macrumors 6502

By "Professional" I was suggesting these reviews are often based on commercial relationships and so I wanted end-user reviews by tech-inclined people on this forum. Not looking for "professional" reviews that have been a tad mis-leading.

9. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Understandable. That's why I recommended the AirPods or beats – X. Both very good products In my opinion.

10. Nr123*123 macrumors 6502

With the iconx, do the gestures work with iPhone? So can you still skip tracks etc from the buds?

11. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Yup, those are my favorite features. Seriously, they are great, but the battery life kills it for me. But if someone doesn't need a ton of battery, these can work great.