Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
I just bought a new iMac and wanted a wireless keyboard and mouse (2 button). Any recommendations? Best Buy had a Kensington PilotBoard Wireless Desktop, but don't know how good it is. Any recommendations on this and other stuff would be great. I am a first time Mac Owner...take pity.

Crunchy

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2004
Kansas
I use the Logitech MX700 on my PowerMac G5, and have used it on my TiBook too. It works great, has a great feel for a mouse. At home on my XP gaming rig I use the Logitech MX700 mouse/keyboard wireless combo. It also works great, but that's on XP...

volntitan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Thanks! Anyone ever heard of the Kensington PilotBoard Wireless Desktop? What is their reputation?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I have a Kensington Wireless Desktop (I'm not sure if it's the PilotBoard, but I don't think so) and it's great, except for the occasional slip up on which key is sent to the computer. Sometimes it will send the same signal the sleep key does when I do a quick copy/paste with Apple-C, Apple-V. It also sticks on one key, but I think something may have gotten in there, so that may not be the keyboard. It's good overall, and I like the battery charging system it comes with (one set charging in the transmitter/receiver while the other sets are in use).

Kensington's other products are probably better, like the StudioMouse Wireless, but I love our setup.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.