Best Wireless Mouse for a picky user?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by powersurge, Oct 20, 2008.

1. powersurge macrumors member

Ok I just ordered the most expensive computer I've ever bought and my first Mac (New Macbook Pro eeeee!) and I'm looking at picking up a OEM copy of Vista 64bit (games) and a new mouse for it.

The catch is I'm kind of picky. My current wireless mouse that I use with my old laptop has connectivity issues but otherwise is what I prefer. Its a Microsoft "notebook mouse" not a lot of extra buttons just the scroll wheel that clicks isn't smooth scrolling and doubles as a 3rd button.

Problem is it has a habbit of dropping the connection and all of the newer wireless mice that I've looked at from other brands such as the Logitech G7 either have smooth scroll wheels or the wheel doesn't double as a 3rd button.

Any ideas guys? I thought about getting a Mighty Mouse but for WoW and the like it would be hard without the ability to hold the right mouse button down and tap the left at the same time.

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

I was just about to type "get a Mighty Mouse" but realized it is impossible to do that click trick you mentioned. However, I still recommend Mighty Mice. They click and track well. Don't listen to all that crud about dust getting in it and the scroll ball stopping working. I've had no problems; you just have to take wise care of it.

3. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

FAIL!! I've gotten my Mighty mouse replaced twice at the Apple Store cause got dirt in the scroll wheel. Twice!!

Do not get a might mouse.

4. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Perhaps I misunderstand what smooth scrolling is...

I have a Logitech G7 and the wheel makes little clicks as you scroll with it... and it DOES double as a third button, with a fourth button on the side.

5. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Excellent alternative for a black backlit keyboard.

As for the Mighty Mouse... I'd foresee that undergoing a complete redesign rather than just becoming black and having a few buttons slapped on it. I know some people love the Mighty Mouse, but I also know I'm not alone in thinking it's an unergonomic PoS.

6. haze macrumors regular

Mighty mouse blows. The nipple always gets gunked up. It is even worse in a lab environment. Try 36 high school students. 1 week and they scroll down all stopped working.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Serious? My community college has a lab of iMacs, the plastic ones. Unless you eat and use the mouse, it virtually stays clean. The iMacs mighty mice still work, with the exception of a few. They haven't been cleaned in nearly 3+ years, and there are many classes every week. My own mighty mouse hasn't been cleaned yet in over 3 months, and it still scrolls. I have cleaned the shell a few times, but that is it.

8. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

the might mouse is good. but i did not find it as precise for gaming as the mouse ive always had (i tried the might mouse soap bar when i got my new iMac). the mouse ive had for a long time now is the Logitech MX revolution. Its lasted ages and been whacked about a bit. and it feels brilliant to use. and you can choose between clicky mouse wheel or smooth. and you can make it auto change from click to smooth once you reach a certain speed.

excellent mouse