best wireless mouse for macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by boateng, Aug 3, 2013.

1. boateng macrumors 6502

any recommendations?

i dont really like the magic mouse....seems very uncomfortable

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

A mouse choice is mostly personal preference, so if you search the forum, you'll find many threads where this is discussed, filled with many suggestions. I've been very pleased with the Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX™
    [​IMG]

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

4. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

do you recommend that mouse or the magic trackpad?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its personal preference. I don't like the magic trackpad but check it out yourself. If you like the trackpad on your laptop get the bigger version, i.e., Magic Trackpad.

I don't like the Logitech mice myself because they usually require a USB dongle of some sort. I'd rather have a wireless mouse that doesn't consume a USB port.

I know you mentioned the the Magic Mouse as not being in contention but I personally like that because it just works but as others have stated, its personal preference.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As maflynn said, it's a matter of personal preference. I am far more efficient, faster and more accurate with a mouse than anyone using a trackpad, but some prefer the trackpad. You just have to find what works best for you.

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

You don't mind a USB dongle?

8. cube macrumors G5

There's only one choice: Logitech M555b

I haven't tried it. I have the previous single choice of many years: Logitech V470

9. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

10. mattward macrumors newbie

the Logitech performance mx is a great mouse for the price.

11. webworks415 macrumors 6502

I agree, Logitech Performance MX is the best mouse I've ever used. Perfect fit for your hand, but just know its not small like those portable mice.

12. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

I tried the Magic Mouse a few times at the Apple store, and simply didn't like it. So I bought the Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX and love it. I use it with my MBA.

13. mslide macrumors 6502a

Logitech Performance MX is my favorite mouse. I tried the magic mouse and magic trackpad and didn't like either. I have no problem using the trackpad built into my MBP when I'm on the go but I hated using the magic trackpad while at my desk. Aside from the fact that I'm more precise and faster with a mouse, the magic trackpad hurt my wrist (but the built-in trackpad doesn't).

14. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

There are so many options that work for different people that we could literally have a thousand page thread if everyone at MacRumors chimed-in.

I think Logitech are complete crap. Their Bluetooth technology is awful (search Google for all the people having connection drop issues with their products). The hardware is great for a year, but then the cheap plastic starts disintegrating (literally). But they are very comfortable and versatile to use while they last.

The Apple Magic Mouse can be incredibly uncomfortable due to its extremely low-profile, but it's also easy to set up, easy to use, versatile, very accurate, offers touch gestures, doesn't require using a USB dongle and will most likely outlast the Mac you're using it with.