best wireless mouse & keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by .mark., May 30, 2007.

1. .mark. macrumors 6502

Hi I am looking to buy a wireless mouse and keyboard and thought I would see if anyone on here has any advice for me?

I have read bad reviews about apple's mouse and keyboards - are they really this bad or is it a case of people only write about something when it goes wrong?

Another issue is i plan to use the mouse and keyboard with a new mbp which will have vista installed via bootcamp - will apple's keyboard and mouse work with this?

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

The Apple mouse and keyboard will both work with Windows, my suggestion if you are looking for a keyboard that has both Mac/PC control keys labeled look for Kensington as they make keyboards with both and if I'm not mistaken the new Microsoft Mac keyboards also have both on them as well. Say what you will about Microsoft but they do make some nice keyboards and mice, I've been using a trackball made by them for going on 7 years and I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Hope this helped a little.

3. .mark. thread starter macrumors 6502

does anyone know if the "apple key" on the apple keyboard translates to the "windows start key" when used in windows?

4. tejota1911 macrumors 6502

Yes, it does.

As for a keyboard & mouse combo, I like the Logitech S530 wireless set. It has worked great for me. I also have the Apple Bluetooth set on my iMac, but I like the Logitech set better.

[​IMG]

5. .mark. thread starter macrumors 6502

cheers for the comments. can you expand on why you prefer the logitech to the apple? and nice set up!

6. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

My sister is a logitech s530 fan also. I prefer the logitch comfort board. Once you get use to the split keyboard (took about 2 hours), you'll never go back. It is just too comfortable. Mine is getting long in the tooth (comfort duo) and I don't use the mouse portion, preferring kensington's optical orbit (I think I'm one of three people on the planet who are diehard orbit fans).

sidebar: Kensington sells the orbit in Europe as a wireless. Yet you can't get it that way in the states. Why not?

7. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

It's a pity that the S530 keyboard doesn't have a warning light on the Caps Lock key which I think ruins what is a great keyboard :(

FJ