Best Wireless Mouse... very frustrated with mice!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by whyrichard, Jan 6, 2008.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hey,

as my apple scrollwheel bluetooth mouse no longer wants to scroll up... a product this young should not malfunction this way...!

... and after owning about a dozen wireless mice in the past three or so years....

what are the best wireless mice on the market? bluetooth or otherwise?

logitech is okay... but don't trust their software... kensington?

thanks,
    r.

2. jhkingsr macrumors regular

Logitech MX Revolution. LCC v2.4 is great. Search the forum, there have been many posts.

3. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

I highly recommend the MX Revolution, but one other thing.

Logitech's software is crap..
    Use Steermouse, it allows the mouse to be fully enjoyable.

4. aspro macrumors 6502

I use the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000, I love that it doesn't require a dongle like many of the others I've seen as it uses Bluetooth. It also performs well and matches the aesthetic of the new aluminium keyboards nicely as well.

5. jhkingsr macrumors regular

Not trying to start the same old argument, but I have to believe that most who say things like this haven't tried the new version of LCC. It no longer loads APE and I haven't found any task a button could not be assigned to. You should give it a try.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

logitech vx revolution is a very nice choice if you prefer something a bit smaller and more portable than the mx revolution. Both are excellent mice.

7. mrchainsaw5757 macrumors regular

mrchainsaw5757

i actually just took my Logitech Nano mouse from work because i like it so much, its light weight, not big and bulky, resonsive, and comfortable

8. jhkingsr macrumors regular

Excellent recommendation on the VX! I just noticed the OP is using mostly laptops.

9. je1ani macrumors 6502

10. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

First of all I got a Logitech MX Revolution over Christmas and it is the best mouse I have ever owned. I can't recommend it highly enough. I love the dual function scroll-wheel and the overall feel of the device.

I have been using Logitech mice for a long time and have suffered with LCC. Yes, the new 2.4 version no longer installs APE and I tried it with my MX and it worked fine except I was still unable to use the mouse in Mame OS X.

I am using Steermouse with the MX and everything works perfectly. The latest version even adds support for the software switching of the dual function scroll wheel. You lose no functionality but it does cost $20.

11. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

thanks for the healthy reply, i believe that i may give a logitech a second chance.

would you guys recommend against getting a refurbished mouse on amazon? they're about 35!

and what do you mean by a mx laser v.2.4? how do i know which version i am getting?

r.

12. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

So far as I know there is only one revision of the mouse hardware itself.

2.4 refers to the current release of the Logitech Control Center software which contains the manufacturer's drivers. Some folks, like myself, prefer 3rd party drivers like Steermouse or USB Overdrive.

My MX was purchased new but I've not heard of any major problems with the refurbs you can find on Amazon and eBay. I suppose on Amazon there must be feedback from those who've purchased the refurbs you could check out. There are also some really good deals out there on the MX new from places like NewEgg but nothing will be as cheap as the refurbs. Mine was a special deal for $123.00 but with an $80.00 rebate so I only ended up paying $43. That deal is over now but if you shop around you can find new ones.

13. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000