Best Wireless Mouse?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ThirtyThr33, Aug 31, 2011.

1. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Hey MR,

So I need a wireless mouse as my current mouse is wired, which is annoying for right handed people using a MBP with USB ports on the left side. So I wanna get a wireless one. Any recommendations? I thought about a magic mouse but they are a little pricey.

2. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Razer Orochi, no dongles needed...bluetooth FTW!

3. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

Price isn't the problem with the Magic Mouse. It's as if Apple just flushed ergonomics down the drain with that product.

Most uncomfortable mouse I've had the displeasure of using.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

The Orochi costs more than the Magic Mouse but is a better mouse IMO.

5. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

this. i messed with one in the apple store and wanted to cut my hand off. i like using the track pad, so i would get a magic trackpad; if you want a true mouse, maybe check out logictech? i had a wireless from them(mx700) and it was pretty nice when it was the latest tech, i'm sure whatever their current top of the line range is is good stuff.

6. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

the best wireless mouse is the iPhone with magic mouse... lol

7. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Orochi is $64 at Amazon and Tragic Mouse is $69 at Amazon...You can get a Tragic Mouse at B&H for $60 though.

8. hawk1410 macrumors 6502

The best mouse is the Apple Magic Mouse, Period. /sarcasm

9. JohnBossu macrumors member

Im using logitech M310, it uses a small receiver and its a laser mouse that can stand almost all kind of surfaces. You can try it yourself its pretty good.

10. LRJordan macrumors member

11. R3alsp33dy0ne macrumors newbie

I'm using a logitech V470 bluetooth mouse. Works great, and can be had for $40 if you look around.

12. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

How am i gonna QS in MW2? lol jk :p

Very compact for travelers who really needs something very portable. Or people who like minimalism.

Or else go with Razor mouses, very good.

13. satchow macrumors 6502

Definitely.

Not only can you use it via bluetooth, you can also plug it in via USB and use it that way if you're paranoid about lag during games or if you just run out of batteries.

14. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I love the Magic Mouse, probably the best I have ever used. Then again all we have are our opinions.

15. adztaylor macrumors 68000

+1 for the Razer Orochi. Just got this mouse today and is the best mouse I've ever used.

16. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I like the magic mouse. I don't necessarily care for the ergonomics (they could be better), but with BetterTouchTool, I can customize and reproduce lots of the gestures from the touchpad, which for me make up for the lack of ergonomics.

17. kbfr08 macrumors 6502

Personally, I'd check out the MX Revolution before anything else. So far it's my favorite mouse, after owning multiple logitech mice, razor mice, and a couple other brands. The non-swappable battery can get annoying if you're on the computer and it dies (you'll need to charge it in the dock), but apple fans should be used to that now ;)

18. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I have that at home and really like it, but the new replacement for it is rather decent as well and uses a AA sized rechargeable battery (that can be changed for a normal AA and charged via USB, not needing a cradle). This is the replacement I got from Logitech when one of my Revolutions went south on me.

19. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's all about preferences I guess.

But in my opinion Apple compromised function for form in this case. Glad you like it, but I'm not alone on this ... I really wanted to like that mouse but god damn it is awful to use.