Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xander7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
I'm looking for a wireless mouse for my newly purchased MacBook Pro. As much as I love its trackpad, it still doesn't offer the precision of a mouse. I've always been a strong supporter of wired mice because of their fast response times, but wirelessness seems like a necessity when I'm on the go with my MBP. However, I can't stand any bit of input lag from a mouse. I don't want it to feel like a Wii remote. Is there a wireless mouse that has a very fast response time?

I don't want a Magic Mouse, if any of you are thinking of that.

Xander7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Hmm... with a bit of effort, I found a Logitech VX Nano at Best Buy on sale for $60 from $96. It's response time is great, and the receiver is amazingly small.

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
...I have and really like the following:

MS Arc = $27 - price matched to Walmart

MS Blue Track = $29 - priced matched to Walmart

Logitech wave keyboard/mouse set = $$35 - from a clearance rack (50% discount)

iHome 131 laser nano mouse = $17 each (x2)

I don't like the iHome slim optical mouse as much = $12

The Micro innovation micro travel mouse is too small = $28 - price matched to Walmart (wish I hadn't bought this but it was the only thing available at the time...

circularforward

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
I use the MS Explorer with blue track. It works pretty well on the mac, but there have been times I wished I had gotten one of the Logitechs that have a couple more programmable buttons.

chrisvee

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
Hm, am I the only one who liked the Apple (Mighty) mice? I used one for 3 years in high school for my graphics program and loved it! It was a wired mouse, white, and had that trackball! I liked it! Easy scrolling ftw!

I have yet to get myself a mouse for my new MBP, but I'll probably get one soon. Either a Magic Mouse, or an older Apple mouse. As long as it's bluetooth, and scrolling is a snap, I'm good.

Crunch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2008
Crazy L.A.
I couldn't be happier with the Magic Mouse. The only thing I wonder about is as to why it runs through both batteries in like 4-5 days. The keyboard doesn't do that. Am I supposed to turn it off?

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Thanks for narrowing it down for me, bro. :rolleyes:

Thought it was obvious!

But here is my list.

1. Eats batteries like crazy.
2. Not ergonomic - gives me hand cramps.
3. Accidental swipes happen all the time for me.
4. Rough bottom - does not slide over desktops smoothly -too much friction.
5. Awkward to swipe forward and backward.
6. Not as universal for my other computers as I hoped.

PS. Not a bro ;)

For portable - can't go wrong with MX anywhere
For home - can't go wrong with MX Performance

My Perfect mouse is the now discontinued VX revolution paired with a VX nano receiver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.