Best wireless router (only bridge mode) for connecting macs

meduk1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2008
I've got through countless router upgrades over the last 10 years. Last time I spent some extra cash and got myself a Billion 7800N which has been really good.

As I've not got cable I'm only using this in bridge mode acting as a wireless router and gigabit switch.

I've recently moved house and notice that I'm not getting enough range out of it - I figured its several years old now and wireless tech has moved on an awful lot in that time. If I was looking at upgrading it what would be decent equivalents?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I've got through countless router upgrades over the last 10 years. Last time I spent some extra cash and got myself a Billion 7800N which has been really good.

As I've not got cable I'm only using this in bridge mode acting as a wireless router and gigabit switch.

I've recently moved house and notice that I'm not getting enough range out of it - I figured its several years old now and wireless tech has moved on an awful lot in that time. If I was looking at upgrading it what would be decent equivalents?

One of the new AirPort Extremes or an ASUS AC grade router.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
If I was looking at upgrading it what would be decent equivalents?
Check the reviews at the site Smallnetbuilder for thorough router reviews. Here is a link that will show you their reviews sorted by best wireless range. The ASUS at the top of that list is pretty popular.

meduk1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2008
Check the reviews at the site Smallnetbuilder for thorough router reviews. Here is a link that will show you their reviews sorted by best wireless range. The ASUS at the top of that list is pretty popular.
Thanks. That's a really good site!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.