Best wireless sports earphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mickeydean, Jul 6, 2016.

1. mickeydean macrumors 6502

Can anyone compare or review the following:
    Bose soundsport
    Jlab epic 2
    Jaybird X2
    Any other good bluetooth sports earphones
    ?

Had the Jlab epic but doing an RMA and if they get fixed then giving em away.

I want new ones. Battery on epic was good, sound quality was okay but connectivity was the least impressive but overall they were good.

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Can't go wrong with the Jaybirds. The X3's should be coming out soon.

3. makdeniss macrumors member

makdeniss

Check out BlueBuds X. ;) I've been using them for about 1 year and quite satisfied. I am a bit of an audiphile and sound was very important to me, not to mention that I have quite big ears and fitting was a big problem with all the other options I've tried, especially the case with most of them just falling out during excercise. But with BlueBuds I have found my peace.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Best Wireless Exercise Headphones (JLab Epic 2)

5. mickeydean thread starter macrumors 6502

6. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

My personal favorite are the Plantronics Backbeat Fit which are currently $79 on Amazon. I've had mine for a year and a half and they still work quite well. I get quite sweaty during workouts and these haven't died on me yet! The sound quality is pretty good for workout headphones, and the battery lasts me a week worth of workouts easily (1 hour for 5 days a week). My main reason for preferring these over others is that the in ear style headphones just hurt my ear canals. These don't isolate the same as in ear headphones do, and more in the style of previous Bose "in-ear" headphones. I haven't tried the in ear style of newer Bose, but I would be interested to one day. The Plantronics just kinda sit in there and use the shape of the headphone, plus a little rubber piece to keep it from falling out; which works well for me.

7. frankgrimes macrumors 6502a

frankgrimes

something I never liked about all those in ear styled ones is the lack of comfort and visibility. When I'm working out and people are my big headphones they know I don't want to talk and rather focus on my training

I also think over ear headphones are doing a much better job of isolating outside noise even without my ANC.

I guess for pure workout phone a I'd pick the qc25

8. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

I got the Bose SoundSport Wireless and they are excellent. I've always had a major problem with any headphones staying in my ears comfortably. They Bose fit perfectly right out of the box and sound great. No problem with them staying put no matter how bad I sweat on my 5-6 mile runs.

9. chasescott66 macrumors member

chasescott66

I have had two paid of the Bose Soundsport Wireless, both quit working after a couple of runs. Took the first pair back and exchanged them. When the second pair failed, I called Bose and they are aware of a problem with them and are recalling them apparently. I have sent mine off and they sent me a pair of the wired Bose Soundsport until they they the Wireless fixed, told me about 6 weeks is the estimated time until the new Wireless are ready.

10. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

Yep I've heard this. I haven't had any issues but plan to get them swapped out. Great customer service.

11. frankgrimes macrumors 6502a

frankgrimes

yeah Bose has superb customer service, a while ago I bought the companion 3 for my desktop setup. Right speaker stopped working after a week , phoned them and they told me to shut down the set for 2 hours and if it still doesn't work they'll send me another set via priority without any additional costs or I could pay up the difference and get the companion 5.

That's service

12. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

Just a quick update on the Bose. Man their customer service is top notch. They sent me the $99 wired sport headphones (which are excellent) at no cost while the Wireless Soundsport were being re-manufactured. They said that the new ones would be finished at the end of August and low and behold they showed up on my doorstep yesterday.

13. mickeydean thread starter macrumors 6502

This is Bose in the States? I wonder if they'd do the same in Aus.

14. ArsovV macrumors member

ArsovV

I used the Jaybird x, the Jaybirds x2, Sudio Bla, Avantree Jogger plus, mpow swift, mpow wolverine and I am probably forgetting 2-3 other pairs.
    I am most satisfied with my currently Decibullz custom mold bluetooth earphones. The batter lasts 6-7 hours, the fit and seal is amazing but what really really surprised me is the bass. It's surprisingly stunning for such small in-ear drivers.
    The Avantree Jogger Plus had a better batter, they could go at maximum volume for 8 hours but the quality was a 5 on a scale from 1 to 10.
    My issue with the Jaybirds was that after two months the battery lasted less and less. It was losing it's charges really fast it usually left me without music within 30 minutes of my workout, maybe less..

15. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

yes Bose in the States.

16. mickeydean thread starter macrumors 6502

the jlab epic2 have been disappointing. Found the fit still decent but not snug. Slips off when running and tried all the buds, did what I could with the memory wire over-ear. The sound quality is the same. The battery life is not noticeably longer from regular use. I haven't done a timed battery drain.

Epic2 is not worth the price if you can get the Epic for a cheaper price. Interested in trying the Bose if these epic2's break down.