Best "wood" skin for iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dknelson728, May 3, 2012.

1. Dknelson728, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012

Dknelson728 macrumors member

Hey guys!

Was looking for some thoughts/insight about a wood-material/looking skin for my iPhone 4S. A bit of investigation has turned up a ton of reputable sites that have them available, but which to choose?

Slickwraps, Trunket, Phantom Skinz, etc.

-Looking for something with an awesome look and feel to it. (Smooth, but not super flimsy or anything)
    -Something that's not going to simply peel or tear off from everyday use and coming in and out of a pocket
    -Something that's not over-priced for what it is (Let's say around $25 or less)
    -Something that can potentially be used in conjunction with an Apple bumper or something similar
    -Definitely looking for one that fits the whole face of the iPhone, and doesn't avoid the side pieces (like the way that the Trunket front skin is two separate pieces. I'd like this to be one piece like the slickwraps design)

ALSO; Would love to see and pictures you guys have of your phones with any of these wooden skins/wraps on em. Preferably white iPhones, as that's what I'll be using, but any pictures are welcomed nonetheless!

Looking forward to some opinions
    Thanks guys!

2. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

3. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

I like the luckylabs Teksure as they have separate holes for the camera and flash, making it look more realistic.

4. Anthony81586 macrumors regular

5. dtjay7 macrumors regular

Agreed, plus the best customer service!!

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Wood skins, Trunket. That is if you don't mind their metal logo on their skins. Anything else, Lucky Labs.

7. kyle0103 macrumors newbie

8. Dknelson728 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the input thus far, guys.

Looking at trunket, though I'm slightly turned off just because the front skin is two pieces, as opposed to one piece that fits the sides of the screen as well.

I'm shying away from a wood case simply because I'd like to stick with the slim form factor that the iPhone offers, and use the skin in conjunction with a bumper.

9. RenoG macrumors 65816

I too have the trunket (the best REAL wood skin on the market), I love the elephant logo btw:p

I too wanted a skin with the side bezel covered (note trucket use to make them this way) however in real life use this was not the greatest design, why because we swipe the screen. For those of us who choose skins because we want to minimize bulk and not having stuff in our way the two piece wood face skin make more sense, otherwise a case may be a better option.