Best word processing app with TABLES?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldCorpse, Aug 22, 2007.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

I can't take Word anymore. It's a resource hog, it crashes, and is so extremely inflexible and unintuitive when it comes to tables that if I stay with it any longer, I'm liable to get a stroke.

So, anyone have any recommendations for a word processing app that is good with tables?

Here's what I need: huge tables - tons of colums and rows, easy formatting (unlike stupid Word), easy to insert/delete rows, columns, cells.

And no, Excel is not what I want (been there, done that, hated it).

I'd also prefer if it wasn't a massive resource hog, and stable would be nice too. Free preferable, but not necessary... if it's good, I'll pay (I'd like a demo though).

TIA!

2. Grafdude@gmail. macrumors newbie

Apple's iWork has an app called "Pages", I really dont know much about word processing so it may not be the best but I'm pretty sure it must get the job done effectively.

3. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

4. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

re: Pages - sadly, the tables in that app are not flexible enough and a bit underpowered - they start to bog down pretty fast... I'm looking for something that can handle 50 columns and 100 rows with no problem - Word just slows down to a crawl and it's useless.

re: Mellel - I haven't tried it yet but it's on my horizon with a few other apps. I was hoping somebody had specific experience with one of them, and could throw me a recommendation. I guess I'll slowly try 'em out one by one (what a pain!), however, if anyone has any opinions, I'm all ears.