Best workout accessories for NANO 3G

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MowingDevil, Sep 19, 2008.

1. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

So I've got this Griffin clear case for my Nano chubby, its great for protecting it from scratches & all....but there's no clip. What do you use w/ it when working out? I don't like it in my pocket to be honest.

Just wondering if there's something w/ a clip for it....or would that be too heavy. Maybe an armband is the best choice. Anyone have a preference?

2. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Hilarious, I went to the Apple store and all the cases w/ clips or the stretchy armband solutions were all $30-40+....I might as well just pay $50 and get a new shuffle. For an extra $20 or so I'd have a 2nd iPod. Kind of silly really, the cost of all those cases and all.

I thought about the 2gb shuffle but really how many songs do I need for a workout? I'm sure the 1gb will do me fine....then I don't have to worry about having a heavier iPod hanging off my shirt or arm. The other bonus is the shuffle can just be for working out and I'll leave my nano for hikes or just taking my tunes w/ me on other occasions.

Sheesh thats quite a statement on this new 'iPod industry' when a little plastic case almost costs as much as the unit. They must be making a killing on that stuff.

Anyone have any opinion on purchasing the 1gb as opposed to the 2gb?

3. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

If you're still looking for a case for the 3G nano, this is the one I use:

Power Support Crystal Jacket

The case doesn't add too much bulk to the nano, and the clip is low profile, unlike some case with a HUGE clip on the back. Also, the clip serves as a stand as well.

4. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

So that has a plastic cover for the front and a film for the wheel & back?
    Just wondering if the clear plastic cover was for the whole unit or just the front.
    Thanks