Best XLR interview mic for Sony DV camera?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by danielnaville, Mar 13, 2008.

1. danielnaville macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I am about to shoot a mini-documentary in Chad and I need to purchase an additional mic for interviews.

I already have a lapel mic, and a camera mounted electret condenser mic with an XLR cable. (ecm-nv1).

My question is wheter you think I can use that ECM mic attached to a boom pole (or pistol) to record my interviews or if it's better I purchase a dynamic Sennheiser e935 mic for example?

I'll probably find myself interviewing many people at once, so the lapel would not work in that case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Daniel

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Group interviews are tough. Will you have a sound person or are you going solo?

3. danielnaville thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I'll be handling the sound department and visual department on my own.

But the interviewer will have one mic and could just pass it around as each individual speaks right? I don't think I'll go for a boom mic cause I'm the only tech guy they have and I already have my hands full with the video.

Would a dynamic portable mic work if the interviewer just asks questions back and forth?

thanks

daniel