Best youtube to mp3 converter?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MEDELLINHEEL, Jan 30, 2014.

1. MEDELLINHEEL macrumors newbie

I just got a new mbp and was wondering which software or site was best for converting youtube to mp3.

Would like it to automatically go to my itunes library. Art would be a bonus.

Thanks

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Have a look at "Youtube To MP3 Converter" : http://www.mediahuman.com

You can have it adding a mp3 from Youtube to your iTunes Library in two clicks (yes, two, and even ONE if you place a bookmark in your Safari bookmarks bar).

3. MEDELLINHEEL thread starter macrumors newbie

looking for software programs that do it automatically. have one for my pc but not sure it works for mac.

4. MEDELLINHEEL thread starter macrumors newbie

mediahuman works great. u can set it to automatically go to itunes.

5. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Yes, and you can place a bookmark in Safari bookmarks bar, and start the download by clicking that bookmark.

6. Tech198 macrumors G4

I find extensions are much better just for Youtube. Or u don't even need... There are sites that u stick direct link URL in and it converts for u..

http://en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-download-youtube-video/

Doesn't do everything, which is probably the trade off with most of these websites, and that's why extension, or app is better in some cases.

7. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I use vidtomp3.com for the process, and it does more sites besides youtube ..

8. DryRot macrumors newbie

Nine months on, any updates in this?

Looking for a converter for a Mac with OS 10.9

Thanks

9. elf69 macrumors 65816

elf69

I use youtube downloader.

not automatic and sometimes messes up the recording length, I had 45mins video end up 2.5 hours!
    but it is rare it happens.

10. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I've tried many (too many) but the one that is king of the hill IMO is 4K Video Downloader.

Don't let the name fool you. It downloads videos as MP3 as well.

Can download YouTube playlists, channels, etc.

11. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Why convert to super lossy MP3? Most, if not all, YouTube content is already MP4. I'd just use something like Subler to remove video track and add any desired metadata. This is both faster and less lossy compared to recompressing the track.

12. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Does using subler to do that automatically convert that MP4 to mp3 for use in iTunes?

13. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I mostly use Subler for remuxing. However, I believe it might be less automated than you might like. There is a queue and possibly a setting to automatically send to iTunes. It is a free program and works very well.

14. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

You asked the question "why covert it to mp3?" And suggested using Subler. So how does Subler take a YouTube video and put it into an audio format that is usable by iTunes? (which was the OP's original question)

I use Subler for adding metadata information to the videos I rip from my DVDs (or download from YouTube).

15. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Oh, an MP4 is just a container. It can be audio, video, text, pictures, or a combination. YouTube videos are MP4 that has two tracks: video and audio. Subler can be used to add, or in this case remove, tracks. Simply deleting the video track from the file is sufficient to make it an "audio" file. No additional recompression or conversion of any kind is needed.