BESTBUY 10 am Friday

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nychot, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

My store just confirmed. So probably 10 am everywhere. I'm in new England.

2. WLS, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

WLS macrumors 65816

Woo hoo! That means they have to have the drop ship on Thursday afternoon and then ticket and set up for the next day.
    I like that, I can be there at 8am

3. note235 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Same for mine 3 stores in WA
    Only one doing preorder

4. LiveFreeDie macrumors regular

Good to know. I live in New England as well.

5. OSMac macrumors 65816

I've always had good luck at Bestbuy,
    seems most everyone goes to the Apple Store to line up.

Rewardzone points too :)

6. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Just confirmed with my Apple Store their sales start at 8AM

7. xTRIGGER092x macrumors regular

I'm in Kentucky, and I called two Best Buys today, both of them saying iPads go on sale at 5PM...

8. kidnice15 macrumors member

9. Caraj macrumors member

Yeah I think it was that time last year also. Sounds right

10. pure3d2, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

pure3d2 macrumors 6502

If one of you guys want to be really despicable:

Go to a Best Buy store and buy ten $5 gift cards (pay with cash, have someone else make this purchase for you). Bring a phone with a camera if you have poor memory.

Take a picture of a BB employee's name tag for reference. Go to kinko's and have this name tag made (change the name to something else).

You will also need a pair of beige khakis and a royal blue polo shirt (royal blue, not navy blue OK?).

At night after the BB store has closed and people have started lining up, you show up with your khakis, blue polo shirt and name tag.

You might have to enlist another person to help you.

Go tell everyone in line that the store won't be getting any units due to an inventory issue. Post some sort of announcement at the entrance doors. Tell everyone to go home. Hand out the $5 gift cards to the first 10 people in the line.

Call your friend (the store general manager) and explain that you've put up the posting and handed out the gift cards. Apologize profusely.

Leave the premises in your car. Once everyone has left, your friend will call you to inform you. Then you can go line up and bring your other friends. It might work better if you and the "general manager" don't go line up. Have someone call someone else to tell them that there's no line at the store. This way, it'll be hard to trace it back to you if the store decides to view the security tapes. Oh and pay with cash and have some people, especially the first guy in line wear gloves (it'll be cold in the morning, no one will question).

Remember to change out of your "uniform."

Btw, don't do this. It was just a mental exercise. :D

11. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

ahhh :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:! I'm crushed! I was with you to the end... then i read those six little words and my heart just blew up with bloody heart pieced confetti flying all over my organs.

12. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

I hope my best buy sells them at 10am because I have to be at work at 11:30am! I'll call tomorrow to confirm.

13. jjoshh macrumors newbie

Where can I find an incident like this where act like an employee to get rid of customers because this is genius!