BestBuy AppleCare+

weezerr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
On my pre-order, it says I can add AppleCare+ for $10/month, but no other details.

How does this work? I paid in full for my iPhone X, why can't I just pay the $199 too? Is there a way to add that to my preorder?

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I don't know about the preorder, as I have never ordered through Best Buy. But you can just add it later through Apple up to sixty days after purchase. It shouldn't matter that you purchased it from Best Buy, as they check your serial number and inspect the phone.

blueturf

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2008
It’s AppleCare +. They charge your card every month. I did it on the 8 and already had to use it because of a shattered screen.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2011
It’s AppleCare +. They charge your card every month. I did it on the 8 and already had to use it because of a shattered screen.
Do you have to take it to Best Buy, or can you go to the Apple store?

weezerr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
So they charge me $10/month for 20 months? Is this a credit check/loan? I dont understand why they would default to that vs. just letting me buy it.