Bestbuy availability

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by symple84, Mar 12, 2015.

1. symple84 macrumors member

Now that most stores have the new 13" model, how long before Bestbuy generally gets the updated models?

2. evrard macrumors regular

evrard

I have been wondering this as well. They have them listed online as "coming soon"

3. woodywood4410 macrumors newbie

i am wondering the same thing, just sold my 15" rmacbook pro to a friend so im now in need of a cumputer lol

4. justinwilmnc macrumors newbie

I live in Wilmington, NC and the Best Buy here told me they did have the new updated MacBook Airs ready to be sold... But they could not sell the updated Retina MacBook Pros for whatever reason... I opted and purchased the previous generation, the "Apple" guy at Best Buy told me to just exchange it Sunday for the latest model if I wanted the new one... But what is really weird is Best Buy has them in stock, they just cant sell them until the 15th... The worker said their system had a 3/15/15 street date for availibilty from Apple!

5. evrard macrumors regular

evrard

That makes sense... it could be a company thing because they are trying to move their old models and they currently have a $50 student discount. Also, it could be a stock issue - where they are going to advertise them in the Sunday flyer and thus need them in stock. Target did this often during holiday times where we would have Wii's in the back (in stock) but couldn't sell them until Sunday because we let the stock accumulate and then advertised them.

6. symple84 thread starter macrumors member

I just saw that some of the stores in my area have the new rMBP 13" in stock :):):)

7. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Where are you seeing that? I can't even find the new model on their website.

8. justinwilmnc macrumors newbie

I am also curious... Because I am going to swap mine out for the new one as soon as it becomes available :)

9. woodywood4410 macrumors newbie

my store says they have them just not in the computer yet for them to sell

10. symple84 thread starter macrumors member

I am able to place an order for it and pick it up, so that is strange.

11. woodywood4410 macrumors newbie

its probably related to the store availability just like with any other apple product, the stores with more traffic get them first and more of them

12. Sukach macrumors regular

13. justinwilmnc macrumors newbie

Yea... It looks like they just set a "place-holder" online to show they have it/will have it up until Sunday (when I was told they would be available) when they are released. Or as mentioned above featured in their new Sunday AD!

14. justinwilmnc macrumors newbie

I also just realized that the new model is also $150 more... I will have to check it out when they have one on the sales floor to demo... Just to see how the new trackpad feels... I may just keep the one I have :/